You must be wondering on How to fix Skype login problem? Skype is web – based application software which specializes in providing video chat and voice calls from computers, tablets and mobile devices to other devices or telephones and smartphones. Users are also allowed to send Instant Messages, attach files, send pictures and video messages, also including creating a conference call, for a number of users at the same time.
Skype runs on wide range of operating systems which include Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Nokia X, Fire OS, Xbox One and PlayStation Vita. The telecommunications application software hosts over 34 million active users around the globe.
Skype has certainly made our life easier, but there are times when we just cannot log in with Skype account and tends lose our heads because of skype problems. Here is a list of few of those problems and possible solutions.
- Make sure that the Internet connection you are using is working properly. Try opening any website in your web browser or any other app that requires Internet connection (if you are using your phone).
- Skype service might be down due to some technical server issues. To make sure that everything is fine at their end go to here and check the working status of Skype. If everything is working well, the problem is probably at your end, read on.
- Skype app might malfunction if you have downloaded the app from any mirror download links instead of the official website. This can also lead to various problems with skype. Try uninstalling the app and downloading it again from the official website skype.com.
- Make sure that you are using the correct Username and Password. Also, check if the Capslock is turned on from your keyboard. As passwords are case sensitive, it won’t allow you to log in. You can get another Skype name if you want.
- If you feel that your password have been compromised or you have simply forgotten your password,
– Click on Forgot your password or Can’t access my account below the Sign In box.
– Select your security Email or Phone number that you provided while signing up.
– Insert the confirmation code and reset your password. This can also help you to solve various problems of skype today.
- If you are using your Mobile phone to connect to skype,
– keep in mind that your skype account might have been out of date. Update it from the respective application store. This can also solve skype problems signing in.
– Some applications might malfunction if the internal storage of your phone is full, delete all cache data and remove unnecessary applications to free up some space and try again.
– if it’s the problem with the app, force stop the Skype app reboot your system and restart the app. You can also try uninstalling the app and installing it again.
- If you still can’t access your skype account, contact the skype community.