Computer has been one of the most valuable jewels for us, humans in this generation, with all the important files, photos and access to our emails, bank accounts and everything else. As much as it has grown to become our obsession, the security and safe keeping of the device is just as important. Forgetting password is one of the common problem and this article will help in Things To Do If You Forgot Windows Password. These ideas help you to manage to outsmart ourselves and forget the self – created password.
Here, we have listed out some of the possible ways which might be helpful for you in retrieving your lost password.
Steps to follow if you forget windows password
- Hint and Guess work
If you remember the time when you were setting up your password, there was a space for hint in case you forgot your password, exactly for times like these. But if you are anything like me, you probably typed the hint as something like “hints are for fools”. As you might have noticed, typing any wrong password on your computer automatically notifies you with the hint. Just hope that you put up some reasonable hint at the time.
The next thing you could try is, as silly as it sounds, guesswork. Forgot windows password windows 7 are usually the things we could never forget. It might be your pet’s name, lover’s name, date of birth of someone important and so on. Keep your fingers crossed and start guessing.
- Windows Reset Disk
All forgot windows 7 administrator password based computers have the ability to create a reset disk in case your computer malfunctions in the future and you need to save your computer along with the saved files and data. The disk will work even if you have changed your password since creating it. If you were proactive enough to have created the disk, now is the perfect time to bring it out.
- Administrator Access
If you are a guest user, then you can simply log in from the administrator account of your computer. All administrator accounts have the authority to overwrite passwords for the guest users, and you can simply reset a new one.
- Password Recovery Programs
A handful of programs have been created for the sole purpose of overwriting your windows password, or resetting a new one. You can use one of those programs.
- Final Option
If nothing else works, then the only thing you can do is enter your Windows bootable disk and make a clean install of your Windows computer. Your computer will be formatted, and assuming that you have back up everything on your computer, your computer will be as good as new. Hope your problem regarding forgot windows 7 password will be solved.
Share and Enjoy
Outlook has replaced hotmail since 2013. However, users can still use the same old hotmail email address and password and can still use the domain www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com. The main page of the Microsoft account will be displayed in the Metro design interface similar to Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft account holders are provided many services including 5 GB worth of storage space, text message, attachments, integration with Skype, People and so on. Users might face outlook login problems although this site is very easy to use. Here is a list of few possible problems and the ways to diagnose them.
Solutions for Outlook login problems
- In order to solve microsoft outlook login problems just check some simple errors at first. Make sure that you are connected to internet service, data or Wi-Fi connection is working smoothly. Try running some other website in your browser to confirm it.
- If you are getting the notification that says “Invalid email Id or password”. Make sure that the email id and the password is correct, also check to see if the caps lock is turned on as passwords are case – sensitive.
- The outlook login issues might not necessarily be with your log in details. There is a good chance that there might be a bug on your browser causing malfunction to your log in, delete all the cache data and cookies and restart the browser.
- If you are using mobile application to log in with your Outlook email:
– Make sure that the Email client app is up to date, if not, download the latest version from the application store of your device.
– Running low on internal storage also causes certain apps to malfunction, delete cache data and unnecessary apps to free some space.
– Force stop your app, reboot the system and restart the app to remove any bugs from your system.
- If you still cannot log in and the page notifies you with “Invalid ID or password”, your account might have been compromised. Click on “Can’t access your account?” and select the proper option to reset your password. The page will guide you through the security details. You will need to provide your alternative email address that you provided while signing up. You can also use your phone number to retrieve your one time activation code. Use this code to rest your password.
These are the most common hotmail login problems that you need to look out for. Hope your outlook login issues are solved.
Share and Enjoy
So you forgot your Hotmail Password? No Worries. Hotmail is a free of cost web-mail service provided by Microsoft. You can perform various tasks like email, attach files, use OneDrive, connect to skype and many others with the hotmail account. The hotmail comes with an easy interface, which has maintained its popularity even after 18 years since it’s inauguration. Hotmail currently has over 400 millions of active users around the world.
While the password keeps our email account safe, and prevents any sort of misuse from the third party, it can often be tricky to remember our own password. With uncountable websites on the World Wide Web, we use at least 10 of them daily if not more, and it’s not uncommon to forget the passwords once in a while. Or, if you have come back to hotmail after a while, it is even more likely that you don’t remember your password. If you are someone like me, you obviously haven’t noted it anywhere either. But worry not; you can follow this simple step by step procedure to hotmail password reset.
Reset Forgot Hotmail Password
- First of all, open any of your web browsers and go here.
- You could just log in by providing the details from this page but since you don’t remember your password, below the “Sign In” there should be a link which says “can’t access your account?”
- Click on the reset password link and wait for the page to load.
- You will see various options; among them, choose “I forgot my password”. Then click on Next.
- Here, you will need to provide your Microsoft account in the designated empty box. Then fill in the next box with the characters above it in order to recover hotmail forgot password.
- Click Next. On the next page, select the alternative email address you provided during “sign up” process to receive an email from Microsoft with the link to reset your password. Once you click send code*, you will receive an email with a code from Microsoft. Follow the simple guidelines in the Email to reset your password.
- However, if you do not have access to that email account anymore, click on “I don’t have any of these and go to next.
- Provide a new Email address to receive a code, but you will probably need to verify that you are the same user with the mobile number you have provided with the email as a security detail.
- Read the guidelines which should be fairly easy to understand. You should be able to reset your new password and change hotmail password within a few minutes.
This is how you can reset if you forgot Hotmail password. If you still have any confusions and questions about other hotmail sign in problems, then you can post you questions on the comment box below.
Share and Enjoy
So you are facing Windows XP Forgot Password problem? Here you can get solutions for those problems. Windows XP is the operating system for personal computers (PC) developed by Microsoft. Windows XP comes with a facility to create different user accounts and passwords for the shared users. And as cunning as we would like to be, it happens more often than not that we forget the passwords to our accounts. And, it can be a hassle to remember what our password was.
Reset Windows XP Forgot Password
- Hint, Guessing
If you remember the time of setting up your password, you were also asked to fill out the hint box for a time like this, when you have forgotten your password. And, typing any wrong password on your computer will automatically show you the hint you have created. But if you were little too confident while setting up the hint, something I would do, that’s not going to be very helpful now.The next thing you could try is, well, guess work. It sounds funny and pretty obvious but we tend to set the password as our pet’s name, lover’s name or birthdays of someone close as the password. Try and clear your mind to think about what you might have set as a password. Most of the times the password is really simple and we just tend to over look it.
- Windows XP reset disk
If you have created the password reset disk for your Windows XP, now is the time to bring it out. The disk will work even if you have already changed the password since the time of the creation. However, if you don’t have the disk, read on.
- Use Administrator Access
If you are a guest user, you can simply log-in from the administrator account, or use any of the other accounts with administrator access. Administrator will have the authority to overwrite your existing password problems to set-up a new one.
Also, to log on as an administrator. You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del in the “Welcome to Windows” dialog box and type the name of the administrator user account. Then, you can change your password.
- Last option
If you still haven’t been able to recover your password windows xp forgot password, the last option will be to use any of the Windows 7 bootable disk to format your PC and make a clean install of a new Windows XP. Assuming that you have backup to everything important in your computer, you won’t miss anything and your computer will be brand new.
Reset by following the above steps in case of Windows XP forgot password.
Share and Enjoy
So you Forgot Windows 7 Password ? No need to worry anymore. You can find very useful solutions here in this article. Computer is one of the most precious obsession of the generation and everyone has a password in an attempt to secure it from the hands of, well, family and friends mostly. But, It’s astonishing at times, how we manage to outsmart ourselves by setting up a password we can’t remember. And, we stay statued hopelessly scratching out head. So what to do if you forgot Windows 7 password? Here are a few ways in which you might be able to retrieve your password.
Forgot Windows 7 Password Steps
- Hint and Guess work
When you were setting a windows 7 password reset, you probably remember an empty space for “hint”. Just type any wrong password and you’ll be shown the “hint” you typed in the box, i.e if you did. However, if you are someone like me, you have riddled yourself too hard with the hint, a bit too late to realize that, it probably wasn’t your best of ideas. Next thing you could try is guessing it, your pet’s name, your girl/boyfriend’s name etc.
- Windows 7 Reset Disk
If you were wise and have made Windows 7 Reset Disk, this is the time to bring it out and recover the password from there.
- Change password with Administrator
If you have more than one accounts to your computer, or you are a “guest” account user. You can just log-in from any of the other accounts with administrator level access and simply change your password from the control panel, as Administrator account has an access to all the accounts in Windows 7.
- Windows password Recovery programs
There are a handful of softwares available, which actually work, that you can use to generate your forgot password windows 7. This is the sole purpose of such programs.
- Repair with Windows Installation Disk
- Insert the flash drive or bootable dvd containing Windows 7 installation file.
- Click on “Repair your computer”.
- Now, select “Command prompt” from the pop-up that appears.
- Now on the cmd prompt, type the command – “copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\” and as you hit enter, again type the command “copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe”.
- For the new password, type the command – “net user yourusername yournewpassword”
- To reverse the changes, go through the same process and open Command prompt. Then type the command “copy c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe” . Now, you have set up a new windows password recovery and can access your account.
Note: Make a Windows 7 Reset disk, or Note down your password and keep it safe. If you have any other problems such as windows8 forgot password, then refer to other articles from this very site.
Share and Enjoy
You Forgot Skype Password? Reset It. Here are steps which will help you to reset the password. Everyone loves chatting with their loved ones who are far way. Video chatting with Skype is more of the popular ways to stay connected with friends and families who are distant. But what if you forgot skype password and can’t log in? It is very hard to imagine. You can always regain access if you forgot skype password.
For skype forgot password, there are ways to skype reset password and change skype password. First of all you have to reset password using skype password recovery and then you can change your password after that if you want.
Forgot Skype Password? Reset It
- In case you are using a mobile Skype app, then tap on Problems signing in? link from the Skype login page.
- Enter your registered email (email@example.com), then Skype will send your instructions to reset the password.
- Tap Send email button.
- Check the email inbox to find out the recovery email from Skype.
- Now enter the security code on the respective field and change your password.
If you forgot skype password while you are trying to sign in from your desktop or laptop, then you can reset skype password from the official website skype.com.
- Click on Forgotten your password? link which is provided with the Password field on the login page.
- And then follow the same steps from number 2 which are listed above.
So you never have to worry if you forgot skype password. There are number of ways to recover your forgotten password. Always keep in mind that, put a strong password but it should be easier to remember. For e.g. you can use your name as a password with a use of special characters and numbers. Example; If your name is miranda, then you can set up password as m!r@nd@. This way you can remember and no chance of forgot skype password. If there are any other skype problems go here.
Share and Enjoy
You must be wondering Is Hotmail Down ? Sometimes these problem can occur. Hotmail.com is a free web-based email service provided by Microsoft company. You can use hotmail account to send and receive email messages, chat with your online friends and send big files. Sometimes you cannot log in to your hotmail account not because of account problems but hotmail down problem.
If you experience any hotmail problem such as that, then remember that you are not the only to be facing that problem in the world. As it happens i.e. hotmail down, the server of hotmail is down because of some technical issues. So it is far from being fixed just by customer service center. It can really frustrating to face hotmail down problem. You can check easily is hotmail down or not.
Check Is Hotmail Down ?
- Open a new tab in a web browser.
- Go to the the site status checker “downrightnow.com”.
- Under Top Services Current status, click on Windows Live Hotmail status.
- Check the current status. If it says Up then hotmail down isn’t the real problem. Just look out for the other issues, such as internet connection, log in issues, etc.
- If the hotmail down status shows down, then you have to wait for hotmail to fix the server problem. All you can do is wait till it runs smoothly.
Not very long ago, on 26th Feb 2015, hotmail down problem were noticed all over the world. It was very massive and breaking news. Check whether Windows Live Hotmail server is up or down right now for everyone or just for you.
Now you can easily check is hotmail down or not. If you have hotmail problems other than this, then write it down on the comment box below.
Share and Enjoy
Do you Forgot Xbox Live Password? No problem!!! Here are some of the steps to follow. Xbox stylized as XBOX is a video gaming consoles developed by Microsoft Corporation. The brand also represents applications (games), streaming services, and an online service by the name of Xbox Live. You can access your xbox live online account with your microsoft email address i.e. hotmail or live.
So what to do in case your forgot xbox live password? You can easily reset your xbox password that you have forgotten. xbox.com is a web address for online login. If you do not know how to reset or re-gain if you forgot xbox live password, then we will be discussing on that topic.
Reset Forgot Xbox Live Password :
- Go to the web address “www.xbox.com” from a browser such as Chrome, Firefox.
- Click on xbox live sign in link from the top of the homepage.
- If you are already on the xbox live login page, then skip the above 2 steps.
- Locate Can’t access your account? link from the login page and click on it.
- In order to reset forgot xbox live password, choose why are having trouble signing in.
- In this case, tick ‘Forgot password’ and click Next button.
- Enter your Microsoft account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the characters shown for windows live password reset. This captcha is required to make sure that you are a genuine human being not a bot.
- Now you need to get verified. So make sure the email address that is on your screen is the one you provided as an alternative email address.
- Tick that and click Send Code button.
- Sign in to that email address. Check the Inbox message. Click on the reset link from the message.
- Type in your old password of xbox sign in.
- Enter a new desired password. Re-enter your new password.
So if you forgot xbox live password, following the above steps thoroughly will help you reset and get a new password. The resetting steps are just as the Hotmail password reset steps.
Share and Enjoy
What To Do For Hotmail Password Reset… Well don’t wonder much and follow the below given simple steps. Hotmail is one of the best free web-based email service provided by Microsoft. You can have your own @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com email address after signing up for Outlook account. Everyone forgets their password. So if you forgot your Hotmail password, then change hotmail password is always an option.
Hotmail password reset will help you recover your forgotten password. The password reset process is very easy and simple too. If in case you do not want to enter a password, then you can with a single-use code. For this, you need your mobile number. If you want your password for long run, then Hotmail password reset is the only option. If the password is wrong, then you will see this message “That password is incorrect. Be sure you’re using the password for your Microsoft account.”
Steps for Hotmail Password Reset
- If you are already in hotmail login page, then click on ‘Can’t access your account?’ link just below the Sign in button. You can directly go here
- Now choose why are having trouble signing in from 3 options :
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Choose wisely based on what problems are you having. If you choose the last option, you have to select the reason why do you think someone else has access to your account?
- After you choose one option, click Next button to continue.
- Now enter your Microsoft account on the first field.
- Enter the characters you see. If you cannot figure out what the characters are, then click New for the new one & Audio for the audio sound of that characters.
- Press ‘Next’ button.
- Choose how would you like to get your security code in order to verify your identity.
- Type in your alternative email address, click Send Code.
- Check your inbox of the email address you just provided. Get that received code, enter it & click ‘Next’ button.
After following these steps thoroughly, your forgot hotmail password problem will be easily solved and hotmail password reset process will be successful. You can re-gain your password in an instant.
Share and Enjoy
Are you searching on how to Win 7 Password Reset? You can reset win 7 password for your user account to log in if you’ve forgotten your Windows 7 password. Win 7 password reset can be done by using a reset disk if your computer is part of a Home Group or work-group.
How to create a password reset disc for win 7 password reset?
In order to reset win7 password using a password reset disc, first you’ll need to create one. Follow these simple steps to create a password reset disc:
- You’ll need to insert a removable disk into our computer, like flash drive.
- Go to the control panel in your PC which you’ll find by clicking on the start button.
- Select “User Accounts and Family Safety” in the control panel.
- Click “User Accounts”.
- Select “Create a password reset disk” from the left pane of User Accounts.
- Now after password reset disk, click “Next” in the forgotten password wizard that will appear on your screen.
- Select your removable disk from the drop-down window.
- Enter your current win 7 password in the input field and click “Next”.
- Select “Finish”.
- Then, you can disconnect the removable disk from your PC.
- You’ll need this removable disk in case you forget your win7 password in order to reset it.
Win7 password reset using a password reset disc:
- Insert the removable disk which contains the password reset information into your PC.
- After win7 has confirmed you’ve entered incorrect password, click on “Reset password below your user account.
- Click on “Next” in the password reset disk wizard appearing in your window and select the name of the removable disk containing the information about win 7 password reset.
- Click “Next” and enter a new win7 password in the input field which you’ll need to type again to confirm. You can also add a new password hint.
- Select “Next”.
- Click “Finish”.
- Finally, you’ve completed your win 7 reset password so, you can safely disconnect the removable disk from your PC.
Share and Enjoy